This action removes a contact from a Facebook Custom Audience.
Learn more about Facebook Custom Audiences, including how to create them, here.
How do I connect Autopilot to Facebook?
To use this action you need to connect to Facebook. You can do this in Settings:
Click "Connect to Facebook" and follow the login steps on Facebook.
How do I remove contacts from a Custom Audience?
You can remove contacts from a Custom Audience by connecting any trigger to the Remove From Audience action.
For example, imagine you run a lunch subscription service and want to target:
- free trials, with ads encouraging them to subscribe; and
- subscribers, with ads encouraging them to upgrade their subscription to a premium tier that includes weekend deliveries.
You could do the following:
You'll note that the above Journey has three parts:
- Contacts that submit the "Free Trial" form are added to the "Trial > Subscribe" Custom Audience via the Form Submitted trigger.
- Once they become a customer they are removed from the "Trial > Subscribe" audience via the Field Changed trigger and added to the "Subscribe > Upgrade" audience.
- Once they upgrade their subscription to include weekend deliveries they are removed from the "Subscribe > Upgrade" audience via the Field Changed trigger.
How does the "All Custom Audiences" option work?
You'll notice that you can select "All Custom Audiences" on this action:
This is a convenient way to remove a contact from any Custom Audience that you added them to via Autopilot. Please note, however, that this will not remove them from Custom Audiences that you added them to manually, or using other software (i.e. outside of Autopilot).