What do the metrics mean?
The Delivery Report contains the following metrics:
- Attempted: number of contacts that entered a Send Email action.
- Invalid: number of contacts that could not be sent the email as they either (a) already received the email (b) have no email permission (i.e. they previously unsubscribed, or were automatically unsubscribed because they hard bounced on a previous email) or (c) don't have an email address.
- Bounced: number of contacts that either hard or soft bounced.
- Delivered: number of contacts who were successfully delivered the email (i.e. the amount attempted, minus those who were invalid or bounced).
For the bounced and invalid metrics you can drill in to see a break down of specific types, for example:
The Performance Report contains the following metrics:
- Opened: numbers of contacts that opened the email.
- Clicked: number of contacts that clicked a link in the email.
- Replied: number of contact that replied to the email. Reply tracking must be enabled for this metric to be recorded.
- Unsubscribed: number of contacts that unsubscribed from the email.
- Complained: number of contacts who reported the email as spam.
Based on the above metrics, we calculate the following:
- Open Rate: percentage of contacts who were delivered the email that opened it.
- Click Rate: percentage of contacts who were delivered the email that clicked a link in it.
- Clicks Per Unique Opens: percentage of contacts who opened the email that clicked a link in it.
The Click Report tells you how many unique clicks the URLs in your emails received.
How do I view the contacts on a specific metric?
You can either export them as a spreadsheet, or add them to a list by doing the following:
The ability to do this for specific URLs on the Click Report will be made possible in a future release.
How do I refine by a specific Journey or email?
You can refine the metrics by a specific Journey and / or email by doing the following:
Please note that only Journeys or emails with data for the selected time period will be displayed in the search results.
The ability to select multiple Journeys and / or emails will be made possible in a future release.
How do I view different date ranges and intervals?
By default all metrics are displayed for the last 30 days, in daily increments. However, you can change this:
Which time zone do email reports use?
Email reports use your computer's current time zone. This ensures data is always displayed in a way that is relative to you.