This action removes a contact from a Google AdWords Customer Match audience list.
Learn more about Customer Match audiences, including how to create them, here.
How do I connect Autopilot to Google AdWords?
To use this action you need to connect to Google AdWords. You can do this in Settings:
Click "Connect to Google AdWords". You will then be asked for your Customer ID, which is displayed in the top left of AdWords' interface:
Note: if you're using the old AdWords experience, it's found in the top right.
Once you have entered your Customer ID, follow the login steps on Google.
How do I remove contacts from a Customer Match audience?
You can remove contacts from a Customer Match Audience by connecting any trigger to the Remove From Audience action.
For example, imagine you run a lunch subscription service and want to target:
- free trials, with ads encouraging them to subscribe; and
- subscribers, with ads encouraging them to upgrade their subscription to a premium tier that includes weekend deliveries.
You could do the following:
You'll note that the above Journey has three parts:
- Contacts that submit the "Free Trial" form are added to the "Trial to Subscribe" Custom Audience via the Form Submitted trigger.
- Once they become a customer they are removed from the "Trial to Subscribe" audience via the Field Changed trigger and added to the "Subscribe to Upgrade" audience.
- Once they upgrade their subscription to include weekend deliveries they are removed from the "Subscribe to Upgrade" audience via the Field Changed trigger.