All Autopilot users are required to comply with this policy when sending mail through Autopilot. If you violate this policy, we may suspend or terminate your account without notice. Please remember that ultimately we're enforcing this policy to protect you, and to help ensure that your deliverability rate remains high.
Acceptable Use Policy
All email sent via Autopilot must comply with the following requirements:
- You can only send to recipients who have opted in to receive email from you.
- You must include our unsubscribe link; it's inserted automatically at the bottom of all emails, however you can customize it if you'd like to do so (but please keep in mind the US CAN-SPAM Act requirement that it be "clear and conspicuous"). You must not use an outside unsubscribe or abuse reporting process.
- You must include your contact information inside every email that you send, including a physical mailing address or PO Box where you can receive mail (not a website or email address).
- You must not falsify your contact information or subject line.
- You must comply with the US CAN-SPAM Act. Even if you are outside the US, our servers live in the US. We have to make sure all US standards are observed.
- In addition to CAN-SPAM rules, you must comply with the anti-spam laws of the countries your recipients live in. So if you're sending to Canadian residents and US residents, check the Canadian spam laws to make sure you're also compliant in Canada.
- You must not include any sensitive data. This means (a) social security number, passport number, driver’s license number, or similar identifier (or any portion thereof), (b) credit or debit card number (other than the truncated (last four digits) of a credit or debit card), (c) employment, financial, genetic, biometric or health information, (d) racial, ethnic, political or religious affiliation, trade union membership, or information about sexual life or sexual orientation, (e) account passwords, (f) date of birth, (g) criminal history, (h) mother’s maiden name or (i) any other information or combinations of information that is deemed sensitive under the legal framework of any applicable jurisdiction. To the extent you do so, you remain solely liable for the handling of such data.
Some industries have above average abuse reports. This can jeopardize the deliverability of our entire system. In order to maintain the highest possible delivery rates, we do not allow businesses that offer these types of products, services or content:
- Escort and dating services
- Pharmaceutical products
- Work from home, make money online, and lead generation opportunities
- Gambling services or products
- Multi-level marketing
- Affiliate marketing
- Credit repair, mortgage, loans or get out of debt opportunities
- List brokers or list rental services
- Selling "likes" or followers for a social media platform
Tips on How to Comply with this Policy
- Never upload or send to purchased lists, rented lists, or third-party lists of any kind.
- Avoid importing contacts who have opted-out from receiving your emails. If you need to do (i.e. if you have a purpose for having the contact in Autopilot other than emailing them), then ensure that you include an email permission field in your spreadsheet, and map that field to Autopilot's email permission field as part of the import. Learn how to do so here.
- If you connect to Salesforce, always sync email permission. This will ensure if someone is opted out in Salesforce, they are opted out in Autopilot (and vice versa). Learn how to do so here.
Questions about this policy? Contact us.